How you install Android games outside of Google Play is going to be changed completely in the coming months. You will no longer see Apk or Apk+Obb files in new Android games. Instead you will see Multiple Apk files or should I say Split APKs. While Split APKs are here for more than a year, previously it was not mandatory for developers to publish in this format. But Google is making this a must to use only this format in new games and Updates. And you may already start to see split APKs in new games. While the new installation process is a bit tricky compared to the current installation process, but nothing too complicated. If you don’t know how to install Split APKs games yet, you should learn this ASAP to continue enjoying new games.
1. Download the Split APKs Game file. It Usually comes in .zip format.
2. Download the Split APKs Installer (SAI) app from Google Play.
3. Open SAI app and go to settings. Enable Use ZipFile API.
4. Click on “Install APKs” in SAI app. Select “System file picker”. Select your file manager, Go to the game’s Split APKs file location and select it.
5. It will begin to install your game. This process can take some good time, like 5-10 minutes or even more. It depends on your phone specs and the game size. If any pop-ups appear, just allow them.
6. After the installation is complete, open the game and enjoy.
If you are using a MIUI device and the Installation failed
If you are using any MIUI device like Redmi etc. and the game installation failed, you need to turn off MIUI Optimization. Follow the instructions below for this. If you’ve already enabled developer options, skip step 1.
1. Go to phone Settings > About phone and tap on “MIUI version” several times until you see “You are now a developer” message.
2. Go back to Settings > Additional settings > Developer Options > Enable “Developer Options” there (if not enabled already) > Scroll down to the bottom and disable “Turn on MIUI Optimisation”.
3. That’s it. Now follow install instruction from above. The Game should Install successfully.